Page 1 of 1

Not confident re Diante Jackson

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:11 pm
by MacDuck
From scouring the internet I just feel he's going to stick with his CU commitment. I know Mops had the conversation with the family member, but that was quite some time ago. Little birdies saying don't count on him being a Duck come Wed. Hope I wrong, but just doesn't feel right. He's had a long time to convince the family.

Re: Not confident re Diante Jackson

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:33 pm
by buckmarkduck
Gaines will be a duck and hopefully Jackson but if we can only get 1 of the 2 I will take Gaines, he will contribute faster. 2010 is a much better year talent wise to need WR then 2009 so hopefully UO can land a few HS kids next year.

Re: Not confident re Diante Jackson

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:46 pm
by gofightingducks
No doubt, we currently have a good group of WR's so if we miss out on everyone we are OK. I would love to see Wheaton change his mind and Jackson and Gaines become Ducks as well but if not take a look at 2010 WR's list, we will probably land a 2-3 maybe even a handful.

http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=9&c ... 16&yr=2010

Re: Not confident re Diante Jackson

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:51 pm
by duckgrad99
I'm not going to sugarcoat things. Jackson would be a huge loss, especially after hearing all this time that he was "all Oregon". If we don't get Jackson or Gaines, we struck out big time this year on wide receivers.

Re: Not confident re Diante Jackson

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:51 pm
by ducksrock
Well, we should all find out very soon.....

Re: Not confident re Diante Jackson

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:53 pm
by NCDucks09
Gaines is no guarantee. I'd like to see him commit the most, but Braxton looks like a good replacement for Terrance Scott, if he goes to college.

Re: Not confident re Diante Jackson

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:58 pm
by MacDuck
Good money says yes on Gaines, no on Jackson.

Re: Not confident re Diante Jackson

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:58 pm
by gofightingducks
Given the Ducks lack of success with the passing game this past year it is not a big surprise that the Ducks have missed on all of the WR's up to this point. With Masoli's development and some new WR's getting an opportunity next season the Ducks should have a more balanced attack on offense (similar to the last three games of the season against Arizona, Oregon State and Oklahoma State) and therefore I think the Ducks will land some top WR's in next year's class. That said I would still like to get Gaines and Jackson.

Re: Not confident re Diante Jackson

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:59 pm
by Destroyer77
You're not finding any recent Diante Jackson information on the internet because there isn't any. There are people confident on this board for a reason and we should all hear something more official soon.

Re: Not confident re Diante Jackson

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:26 pm
by MacDuck
Destroyer77 wrote:You're not finding any recent Diante Jackson information on the internet because there isn't any. There are people confident on this board for a reason and we should all hear something more official soon.
Speak for yourself. There is news, just not coming straight from their mouths. It could go either way, but my money's on him going to CU from reading stuff that's out there and in between the lines. Of course I hope I 'm wrong.