Bryce Brown Article
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:49 am
I apologize if this has already been posted in one of the other numerous Bryce Brown threads, I didn't see it anywhere but I might have missed it. It is a free article, also it is from last week so LSU wasn't talked about too much.
http://oregon.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=911238
Brown remains committed to Miami, but he said over the past few weeks that Oregon – thanks mainly to the efforts of coach-in-waiting Chip Kelly – has become a serious candidate. Clemson, Kansas State, LSU, USC and Tennessee, which he will visit this weekend, also are options.
"Oregon is just a place I see myself at," Brown said. "At night when I go to sleep, I try to imagine myself at each school. When I think about Oregon, I go to sleep and I feel like that's the place for me. But I know I'm not in tune with my spirit, and my spirit is heavily involved in this. I'm praying, and I have people praying for me.
"I really like Coach Kelly, and he wants the best for me. It's not even really about football anymore. If I don't choose to go to Oregon, Coach Kelly and I are still going to have the relationship. Anything I need, any questions I have, I know that I can call him. He truly and genuinely wants the best for me."
"Some of the stuff he was talking about – putting me out in space, and allowing me to get matched up with linebackers and cornerbacks one-on-one – sounds good, but inside something just tells me that his philosophy or the way he does things isn't what I really like." – Brown on meeting Miami offensive coordinator Mark Whipple
" … I don't think that Tennessee has enough players to be successful at what they're trying to do." – Brown on the Vols
"I don't want for someone to throw the program on me. What if it turns out that I'm not, you know, the guy? Then people are going to point the finger at me." – Brown on Kansas State
With the recent news about LSU, it sounds like LSU and Oregon are the teams to beat!
http://oregon.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=911238
Brown remains committed to Miami, but he said over the past few weeks that Oregon – thanks mainly to the efforts of coach-in-waiting Chip Kelly – has become a serious candidate. Clemson, Kansas State, LSU, USC and Tennessee, which he will visit this weekend, also are options.
"Oregon is just a place I see myself at," Brown said. "At night when I go to sleep, I try to imagine myself at each school. When I think about Oregon, I go to sleep and I feel like that's the place for me. But I know I'm not in tune with my spirit, and my spirit is heavily involved in this. I'm praying, and I have people praying for me.
"I really like Coach Kelly, and he wants the best for me. It's not even really about football anymore. If I don't choose to go to Oregon, Coach Kelly and I are still going to have the relationship. Anything I need, any questions I have, I know that I can call him. He truly and genuinely wants the best for me."
"Some of the stuff he was talking about – putting me out in space, and allowing me to get matched up with linebackers and cornerbacks one-on-one – sounds good, but inside something just tells me that his philosophy or the way he does things isn't what I really like." – Brown on meeting Miami offensive coordinator Mark Whipple
" … I don't think that Tennessee has enough players to be successful at what they're trying to do." – Brown on the Vols
"I don't want for someone to throw the program on me. What if it turns out that I'm not, you know, the guy? Then people are going to point the finger at me." – Brown on Kansas State
With the recent news about LSU, it sounds like LSU and Oregon are the teams to beat!