This kid is a great fit for our offense and will be a solid 4* more than likely. Might make the top 100 but that could be a stretch. But he's in Redlands, CA and Scout and Rivals have both just done a story on him. Bac on Rivals speaks highly of him and the scout article confirms he has VERY high interest in Oregon. Don't know what Chip is waiting on but he needs to call him up.
Scout story: Oregon reporter http://oregon.scout.com/2/840822.html
scout profile http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=8&c=1&nid=3527353
Rivals story: USC reporter http://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=914606
Kid is tough like Masoli, gets hurt and keeps playing. I love it!
Correction, it's the scout article that mentions the "sky high", and the contact he has had with Oregon is mostly mail and secondly with Tom Osborne the TE coach I believe. He mentions no contact with CK IIRC.
This guy would be one of my top targets and I bet they are waiting to talk to him before they offer! Is he a Dual Threat and if so hows his running ability/style?
And by looking at the picture, he looks lefty. That really does add to a dual threat's elusivity as defenders can get crossed up just a hair in the heat of the battle. Sometimes just a tiny moment of freeze can make all the difference.
Shreve doesn't have any offers yet, so it isn't like the Ducks are the only ones wanting to see more of him before offering. Even Idaho said they want to see more of his film before they "might" offer. I am looking forward to either Scout or Rivals getting some footage of him in actual game action to see what he looks like running the ball.
Tyler said he might be going to Oregon's Junior Day. Maybe the coaches want to wait and offer him in person, if they decide to do so.
I think Shreve is a back-up plan, a very good one though. Like someone said, since Oregon is only going to take one QB next year, I think they are trying to get the best one available. So far that looks like the kid from Michigan, Devin Gardner. Isn't he the only QB with an offer? If Oregon misses out on some of the top QB's, then I think they will turn to kids like Shreve and Hinder.
They are saying he could be the best QB in Cali this year. Not sure if I buy it. You'd think he'd have some offers during his Jr year if he was that good.
GUys, is there any chance that we would take two QB's next year? I keep hearing that we will only take one and with the depth of QB's next year it may be a good year to look at two? GO DUCKS!
yeahboyd wrote:This kid is not a back up plan, people on rivals say he will probably be a top 100 player
There is no doubt that Shreve is highly regarded, but based on the fact that Oregon has only offered a couple of QB's and he isn't one of them, tells me he is a back-up plan. If Oregon were to get a commitment from someone like Gardner then Shreve won't be coming to Oregon. But if Oregon misses on the higher rated QB's then Shreve would be a great pick-up.