Warriors send:
Nada
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Re: Warriors/Kings

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Kings accepted via PM
JB wrote: I'll keep working phones and if you go to sim and I have no deal done, just post
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

The extortion! What if Marbury leaves?! :lol:
SUNS GM
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

WOW. Steal for GS honestly.
---

PistolPeteJR
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Takes Warriors out of the FA hunt.
JB
Three Star Recruit

Post by JB »

Agree

In my other leagues we have always been allowed to sign into hardcap territory as long as we dealt with it after the fact, and before sim 1.

So I found out I couldn't send Marbury an offer like 3 hours ago when I got home from work. Really didn't have much of a choice

And if he leaves I just die probably. Prob would just sell my guys off and give up on this team, let the Warriors have top picks
Kings
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Another team bailed out
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

bellsduck wrote:Another team bailed out
HOLD THE LINE!
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Wouldnt say this is bailing a team out
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
In the sense that he took on big contracts and Marbury knowing he couldn't afford them all, it most certainly is In a vacuum the deal is fine, but it allows him to put a max bid on a player most teams in the league wants with basically no punishment except losing two sh!t picks.
I think if the Warriors bid on and got Marbury they could've gotten much more than what this trade gave them, but obviously no guarantee of that.
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

Kings definitely paid a price. And for Ws its a risk/reward proposition. Sure he coulda sold Marbury for more but the likelikhood of getting Marbury was quite low. This is just a safer bet for a smaller reward. Higher risk/higher reward approach is a viable path but the safer one isnt crazy.
SUNS GM
JB
Three Star Recruit

Post by JB »

bellsduck wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
In the sense that he took on big contracts and Marbury knowing he couldn't afford them all, it most certainly is In a vacuum the deal is fine, but it allows him to put a max bid on a player most teams in the league wants with basically no punishment except losing two sh!t picks.
I think if the Warriors bid on and got Marbury they could've gotten much more than what this trade gave them, but obviously no guarantee of that.
I got Marbury for a late first. When I got him, I had no idea what he was. Plans changed. And I am new. I didn't know the rules were strict about not ever being allowed to go over the HC. As I said, in my other leagues that is allowed as long as you get under by sim 1.
Kings
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

JB wrote:
bellsduck wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
I got Marbury for a late first. When I got him, I had no idea what he was. Plans changed. And I am new. I didn't know the rules were strict about not ever being allowed to go over the HC. As I said, in my other leagues that is allowed as long as you get under by sim 1.
The rules should be like that tbh. it just happens that there was a conspiracy agains the nets for going 60k over the hard cap that tried to see them punished (in violation of the rules), which then led to an unnecessary rule change.

it was a conspiracy of bureaucracy!

See history here:

https://ducksattack.com/forum/viewtopic ... ts#p505099
JB
Three Star Recruit

Post by JB »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
JB wrote:
bellsduck wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:
The rules should be like that tbh. it just happens that there was a conspiracy agains the nets for going 60k over the hard cap that tried to see them punished (in violation of the rules), which then led to an unnecessary rule change.

See history here:

It's always something nefarious with you guys.
Kings
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

JB wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
JB wrote:
bellsduck wrote:
Oregon Ownage wrote:

See history here:

It's always something nefarious with you guys.

Shockingly, I think the Nets rated dead last in the nefarious rankings. Not sure how that happened :lol: