How did you like your draft?
Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage
-
DrBradBuss
- Junior
- Posts: 1999
- Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:56 pm
- GM: Detroit Pistons GM
Re: How did you like your draft?
I agree. What makes everyone think that Ceballos was BPA? I personally wouldn't have picked him until much later than he was. But then I'm new to this and really have no clue what I'm doing.
- Zyme
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5580
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:35 pm
- GM: New York Knicks GM
Re: How did you like your draft?
What I see: B C+ C- C C+ ADrBradBuss wrote:I agree. What makes everyone think that Ceballos was BPA? I personally wouldn't have picked him until much later than he was. But then I'm new to this and really have no clue what I'm doing.
B C+: Good starting spot for a rookie. Even if that only jumps one rank to a B+ B-, that can easily be 16-20ppg.
C- Acceptable handles for SF, would prefer C but C- is acceptable
C Meh defense, would like it to start at C+ but for late lottery that is acceptable.
C+ good rebounding for SF
A pot, no worries where.
What I know is B B can be 18-22 ppg and with C+ rebounding, that will be 4-6 RPG. For me, a player like him, should be starting and be an option. If I had a defensive option I liked more I would put him as the backup SG/SF and be the top scoring option. Either way he would be starting quality, top 6th man at 12 where you usually only see the high pot boom/bust players taken is excellent value.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94
K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
- FlDuckFan
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5068
- Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am
- GM: Orlando Magic GM
- Location: Florida
Re: How did you like your draft?
I'm new to, I just guess at my picks.DrBradBuss wrote:I agree. What makes everyone think that Ceballos was BPA? I personally wouldn't have picked him until much later than he was. But then I'm new to this and really have no clue what I'm doing.
- Zyme
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5580
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:35 pm
- GM: New York Knicks GM
Re: How did you like your draft?
Also if he look good and he was good historically. Most likely he will b good here.FlDuckFan wrote:I'm new to, I just guess at my picks.DrBradBuss wrote:I agree. What makes everyone think that Ceballos was BPA? I personally wouldn't have picked him until much later than he was. But then I'm new to this and really have no clue what I'm doing.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94
K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
- FlDuckFan
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5068
- Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 am
- GM: Orlando Magic GM
- Location: Florida
Re: How did you like your draft?
So picking
Jerrod Mustaf PF 21 6'10'' 245 C+ C- D C C+ A
in the second round isn't to bad of a pick ?
Jerrod Mustaf PF 21 6'10'' 245 C+ C- D C C+ A
in the second round isn't to bad of a pick ?
- Zyme
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5580
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:35 pm
- GM: New York Knicks GM
Re: How did you like your draft?
No second rounder is a bad pick. The cost is just so darn low and the possible reward is so darn high.
If he jumps to even C+ def and B- reb he is a rotation to role player in the second round that is fine.
If he jumps to even C+ def and B- reb he is a rotation to role player in the second round that is fine.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94
K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40565
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: How did you like your draft?
Exactly B C+ scoring with A potential. Even if that A is low or a high B (75-85 potential), I could easily see him with B+ B- scoring (honestly even B+ B could happen depending on how high is B and C+ are right now). Ideal sixth man type ratings. And that's a middle case scenario.Zyme wrote:What I see: B C+ C- C C+ ADrBradBuss wrote:I agree. What makes everyone think that Ceballos was BPA? I personally wouldn't have picked him until much later than he was. But then I'm new to this and really have no clue what I'm doing.
B C+: Good starting spot for a rookie. Even if that only jumps one rank to a B+ B-, that can easily be 16-20ppg.
C- Acceptable handles for SF, would prefer C but C- is acceptable
C Meh defense, would like it to start at C+ but for late lottery that is acceptable.
C+ good rebounding for SF
A pot, no worries where.
What I know is B B can be 18-22 ppg and with C+ rebounding, that will be 4-6 RPG. For me, a player like him, should be starting and be an option. If I had a defensive option I liked more I would put him as the backup SG/SF and be the top scoring option. Either way he would be starting quality, top 6th man at 12 where you usually only see the high pot boom/bust players taken is excellent value.
Of course he could bust, or boom... But on paper, I like what he got.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40565
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: How did you like your draft?
Coleman was a great trade up for you.DrBradBuss wrote:Can I give myself an "A"?
Had to give up Hammonds, but got a future All-Star hopefully in Coleman. That in and of itself was solid, but able to add a top SF (Liberty) at a position of need and 2 C's. While neither probably will be a star, they will hopefully give me future years of depth and solid contributions at that position.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- pudgejeff
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 5014
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:21 am
- GM: Sacramento Kings GM
Re: How did you like your draft?
Agreed! I really wanted that pick, but TK wanted my first born. lolUOducksTK1 wrote:Coleman was a great trade up for you.DrBradBuss wrote:Can I give myself an "A"?
Had to give up Hammonds, but got a future All-Star hopefully in Coleman. That in and of itself was solid, but able to add a top SF (Liberty) at a position of need and 2 C's. While neither probably will be a star, they will hopefully give me future years of depth and solid contributions at that position.
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40565
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Re: How did you like your draft?
lol, what can I say. I'm greedy at fbb.pudgejeff wrote:Agreed! I really wanted that pick, but TK wanted my first born. lolUOducksTK1 wrote:Coleman was a great trade up for you.DrBradBuss wrote:Can I give myself an "A"?
Had to give up Hammonds, but got a future All-Star hopefully in Coleman. That in and of itself was solid, but able to add a top SF (Liberty) at a position of need and 2 C's. While neither probably will be a star, they will hopefully give me future years of depth and solid contributions at that position.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13