Saturday Is The New Season Opener

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
Spartan54
One Star Recruit
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:19 am

Saturday Is The New Season Opener

Post by Spartan54 »

Whats everyones honest opinion of whats gonna go down on saturday against purdue?
User avatar
spinseeker
Freshman
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:32 am
Location: Springfield
Contact:

Re: Saturday Is The New Season Opener

Post by spinseeker »

I think people will see how good a team we just played in Boise. I also think they will see how improved our defense is this year. Kellen Moore is a stud and really made it look like we weren't trying to stop him, but in reality we were bringing pressure on EVERY play. It just didn't get to him most of the time because he made quick reads and saw the open receiver AND made great touch passes to them.

I still have a lot of confidence in the Ducks this year. Our O line really needs to gel, and then the rest of it will come together.
User avatar
nogerO
Senior
Posts: 4516
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Wyoming

Re: Saturday Is The New Season Opener

Post by nogerO »

We better rebound and rebound BIG TIME or we will have a very poor season possibly as bad as 5-7. Mostly depends on the offensive line and whether that game took a little air out of about 85 peoples' heads.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
User avatar
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1158
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:45 pm
Location: Grants Pass Oregon

Re: Saturday Is The New Season Opener

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Hopefully there is some strong leadership on this team to get heads on straight.
buckmarkduck
All-American
Posts: 11009
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: Saturday Is The New Season Opener

Post by buckmarkduck »

I'm excited for the game against Purdue. First (not that I'm happy LGB is gone) but it's going to force CK to give the ball to James, and I think that will be a huge boost to this team. The kid can be everything that Best is a Cal, if he just gets a chance to run the ball. Meaning 15-20 touches a game not 2! I'm also excited to see what Barner can do, I only got up to Eugene a couple times but he looked really good when I saw him, and if I remeber corectly he did lead the state of Cal in rushing as a SR. I seriously can't remember UO ever having a faster set of RB ever both guys are 4.3. No more thunder and lighting, so now maybe we'll have lightning and more lightning. :lol:

I also expect to see a different attitude on the oline this week. Last week it looked like our oline was letting BSU initiate the contact rather than exploding into the dline like we are use to seeing the last couple years. Really I think that has to do with inexperience and nervousness playing in a hostile environment, because this line has way to much talent to not develop into a top notch line. The other thing I've been wondering is with such a young line is if CK won't "dumb it down", or as I like to call it "beav it down" the responsibility for our line, so that they can focus on just hitting the guy across from them rather than having to think so much.

The last thing we need to do is find Dickson more, because I went back and watched the game (yes it was just as bad the 2nd time,) and he was wide open on multiple plays but Masoli just wasn't looking his way. I think that will be rectified this week and he will have a big day.
GoDucksIn09
Senior
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Saturday Is The New Season Opener

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I am keeping fingers crossed but our O line MUST MUST MUST improve. If they play as bad as they did Thursday.. we could have Joe Montana back there or Brett Favre and it would not matter. It is absolutely essential that they show are a good offensive line if not I am afraid we will have a losing season. Thanks a lot Blount way to do your team in because of your stupidity.
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:49 pm

Re: Saturday Is The New Season Opener

Post by Destroyer77 »

LMJ should be getting 10 touches per game minimum. I think he would have made a bit of a difference in the BSU game. Now CK's hand will be forced to give him the ball at least that many times and we will see LMJ become a star.
Post Reply