Now that we've had a few days to digest it....

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksIn09
Senior
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Now that we've had a few days to digest it....

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I think it was totally the O line in regards to our offense. The O line dictates everything that happens as far as offenses go. if you do not have good blocking up front it does not matter who you are as a qb or as a rb will struggle. They open up the lanes for RB's to run.. they protect the QB and give him time to throw.. if they can do neither.. then the result is what happened Thursday. As for the safety.. it was a bad read by Masoli.. but Masoli like so many of us is not perfect.. all QB's make bad reads from time to time. I still support Masoli. This was one horrendous game but looking at the poor play of the O line I do not see all the blame goes on Masoli.. I blame it on the O line.

As for the D line...I have one thing to say.. Allow A Lot E. Plain and simple.. enough said. Anything the defense does or doesnt do comes back to him. For as much as on the field and as much as they continued to let them convert on 3rd down think holding Boise State to 19 is good. Thank you Boise for you miscues and not making it 45 or 50.
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 804
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:10 am

Re: Now that we've had a few days to digest it....

Post by Greydrake »

As to running lateral in the endzone, at this point it goes in Chips book of statistics under "safety"
freedjr
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 979
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:23 am

Re: Now that we've had a few days to digest it....

Post by freedjr »

wheaton4prez wrote:
Good question. Offensive production was the one thing I just assumed. The defense did exactly what I thought they would and should do, forcing BSU to run more plays (not get the big plays) and eventually make mistakes. Even if the offense did mediocre, we could have won that game.

At this point, I think the offensive line is the biggest hole in the dam. I owe Steele an apology. He was right and it was more of a factor than I thought it would be.
Wheaton, get out of my head. I agree completely. It's funny how irritated I was at Steele. makes it that much harder that he was right.
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 804
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:10 am

Re: Now that we've had a few days to digest it....

Post by Greydrake »

freedjr wrote:
wheaton4prez wrote:
Good question. Offensive production was the one thing I just assumed. The defense did exactly what I thought they would and should do, forcing BSU to run more plays (not get the big plays) and eventually make mistakes. Even if the offense did mediocre, we could have won that game.

At this point, I think the offensive line is the biggest hole in the dam. I owe Steele an apology. He was right and it was more of a factor than I thought it would be.
Wheaton, get out of my head. I agree completely. It's funny how irritated I was at Steele. makes it that much harder that he was right.

pretty much sums up my opinion and take on the game, including Steele.
User avatar
wheaton4prez
Senior
Posts: 3568
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Now that we've had a few days to digest it....

Post by wheaton4prez »

Got to give credit where it's due. :)

BSU players were running through our line as if there was nobody there blocking.
User avatar
spinseeker
Freshman
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:32 am
Location: Springfield
Contact:

Re: Now that we've had a few days to digest it....

Post by spinseeker »

That's because they weren't. :x ;)
User avatar
wheaton4prez
Senior
Posts: 3568
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Now that we've had a few days to digest it....

Post by wheaton4prez »

I think they were giving them high-fives on their way to the back-field. "Here's one down-low!"
Post Reply