Couldn't make a phone call?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

User avatar
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1085
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:50 pm
Location: Springfield, OR

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

I've never had the problem before and have always had Verizon. My calls wouldn't go through and my texts I sent weren't received until after the game. This was all in the parking lot.
GO DUCKS!
User avatar
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:16 pm
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

I have AT&T and I usually have trouble, but I was texting my friends during the game and they responded relatively quickly...
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
dthomas=ddixon
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8652
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: McMinnville, Oregon

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

That's the thing, I never had problems before. It was just last nights game.
Image
User avatar
QuackSince82
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Eugene

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by QuackSince82 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:That's the thing, I never had problems before. It was just last nights game.
I've never had a problem inside or outside the stadium for 5 years before last night.
Sounds like Verizon Wireless had a temporary cell tower at the game to boost communications:
http://www.kval.com/internal?st=print&i ... ts/college
Now I'm more confused. It sounds like this would have helped? Maybe I need to find this tower and stand next to it next saturday. :mrgreen:
User avatar
spinseeker
Freshman
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:32 am
Location: Springfield
Contact:

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by spinseeker »

At&t and Sprint wouldn't work for me the whole game. Full bars for both.
User avatar
ivegottabigduck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by ivegottabigduck »

standard...been this way for years
User avatar
rcook
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by rcook »

I think it has been fairly non-semi functional in past years (all service providers) during peak times, but yesterday was fully non-functional for hours..... Really hard to communicate with anyone. Hopefully gets fixed by next game.
Image

Does not like war, fwiw
duckfbfan15
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 203
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:52 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by duckfbfan15 »

I have AT&T and i couldn't call, or receive texts all game.. didn't get anything till i was crossing the bridge back over towards campus where i had 45 texts awaiting my reply.
Image

GO HARD, GO OREGON, GO DUCKS!
User avatar
justducky0
Senior
Posts: 2012
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:02 pm
Location: The Real World

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by justducky0 »

duckfbfan15 wrote:I have AT&T and i couldn't call, or receive texts all game.. didn't get anything till i was crossing the bridge back over towards campus where i had 45 texts awaiting my reply.

popular brosif
Image
bmxryder507
Two Star Recruit
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by bmxryder507 »

I have Tmobile never had a problem. Tho making a call inside the stadium is hard cuz usally theres a small amount of background noise.
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:49 pm

Re: Couldn't make a phone call?

Post by Destroyer77 »

Network was jammed. Most people had full "bars", meaning that they had excellent signal from the towers, but no response from the network connected to those towers. The problem is/was not reception. Everyone where I was sitting, regardless of carrier, could not get through on the network even though they had full reception.
Post Reply