Any chance?
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
- wheaton4prez
- Senior
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm
Re: Any chance?
It's unlikely to happen. But, it's silly and delusional to believe that it is impossible.
- MerDuck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 983
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:12 pm
Re: Any chance?
OK here i go once again asking you faithful fans out there with way mor time than myself to help us out...
I was told by someone who I thought had solid information that the NCAA had no jurisdiction in the matter like another poster said because it happened after the game...however a lot of you and others I talk to seem to think that the NCAA had the authority but did nothing, not even make a statement saying that they were waiting on the school and conference to make a decision.....if you could find out the real info and where you got it that would help to quell at least that portion of the "Amy Chance?" fervor...
I was told by someone who I thought had solid information that the NCAA had no jurisdiction in the matter like another poster said because it happened after the game...however a lot of you and others I talk to seem to think that the NCAA had the authority but did nothing, not even make a statement saying that they were waiting on the school and conference to make a decision.....if you could find out the real info and where you got it that would help to quell at least that portion of the "Amy Chance?" fervor...

- wheaton4prez
- Senior
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm
Re: Any chance?
I'm not sure about the NCAA. But, the Pac-10 has powers there:
http://blogs.registerguard.com/cms/inde ... ount-case/“We’ve looked at the video, we’ve had some discussion with our rules people and supervisor of officials, and I’m sure Oregon’s in discussions too,” Muldoon said.
“The conference has pretty broad kind of authority in these kinds of situations. We need to see what action the university intends to take.”
Reading between the lines, it’s clear that if the Pac-10 doesn’t believe that Oregon is taking sufficient action, it will step in and impose an additional penalty. More later Friday.
- MerDuck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 983
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:12 pm
Re: Any chance?
wheaton4prez wrote:I'm not sure about the NCAA. But, the Pac-10 has powers there:
Ya I hadn't heard anything either way from friends about the Pac, but I had a feeling that they had some influence/responsibility...

- Tray Dub
- Senior
- Posts: 4994
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm
Re: Any chance?
My thoughts are that if the NCAA can suspend kids for cheating on tests, for accepting gifts, etc., which all happen OUTSIDE a game, they can probably take action on fights which happen right after a game. But I couldn't cite you any rules to back myself up on that without doing some research.
- MerDuck
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 983
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:12 pm
Re: Any chance?
Tray Dub wrote:My thoughts are that if the NCAA can suspend kids for cheating on tests, for accepting gifts, etc., which all happen OUTSIDE a game, they can probably take action on fights which happen right after a game. But I couldn't cite you any rules to back myself up on that without doing some research.
I have heard of the NCAA stepping in with those types of situations as well....but cheating on a test plays a role in the players academic eligibility, receiving gifts plays a role in the players amateur status...
I have yet to see the NCAA step in for anything like a dorm room fight or frat house fight...and while the punch happened on the field...it id occur after the last whistle...who knows
