He is, BUT he is also one of a few they have every evacuated at this time.jimmy12 wrote:I read that Percy is the top rated JUCO player this year... (but I can't find where I saw this... sorry)
QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11009
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
Say what?
- UofDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 3943
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:51 pm
Re: QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
Did you mean “even evaluated”?buckmarkduck wrote:He is, BUT he is also one of a few they have every evacuated at this time.jimmy12 wrote:I read that Percy is the top rated JUCO player this year... (but I can't find where I saw this... sorry)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11009
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
UofDuck wrote:Did you mean “even evaluated”?buckmarkduck wrote:He is, BUT he is also one of a few they have every evacuated at this time.jimmy12 wrote:I read that Percy is the top rated JUCO player this year... (but I can't find where I saw this... sorry)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes. Sorry my phone changed what I wrote, and I didn’t go back and check it.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
Decommited this morning.
-
bellsduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3819
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:40 am
- GM: Utah Jazz
Re: QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
What is going on?
- DmoneyDuck
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1587
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:18 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
- Contact:
Re: QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
Sounds like this was expected by most who post here.
That brings Oregon down to 19 verbal commitments. With so few Seniors on the roster, are the Ducks expected to take 25 this class or just a handful more and leave 1-2 spots open in the Portal?
That brings Oregon down to 19 verbal commitments. With so few Seniors on the roster, are the Ducks expected to take 25 this class or just a handful more and leave 1-2 spots open in the Portal?
-
chapelhillduck
- Senior
- Posts: 2395
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:15 am
Re: QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
They’re gonna take a bunch, and you’ll see a handful or more of transfers in Jan I’m guessing
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
GrantDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2629
- Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm
Re: QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
A lot of Twitter folks are going to freak out about all the transfers/decommits going forward.
These are basically expected because of the scholarship crunch this year(Covid year last year).
Obviously, we need to hold on to our top guys like Banks, but outside of that, these should be expected.
These are basically expected because of the scholarship crunch this year(Covid year last year).
Obviously, we need to hold on to our top guys like Banks, but outside of that, these should be expected.
-
dthomas=ddixon
- Moderator

- Posts: 8649
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:42 pm
- Location: McMinnville, Oregon
Re: QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
With the decommits, do you know the thought process behind getting these commits in the first place? Why would the staff waste the time and resources on guys that they wouldn’t have room for?GrantDuck wrote:A lot of Twitter folks are going to freak out about all the transfers/decommits going forward.
These are basically expected because of the scholarship crunch this year(Covid year last year).
Obviously, we need to hold on to our top guys like Banks, but outside of that, these should be expected.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
Percy's commitment was confusing when it happened. Cristobal and Mirabal took 5 commitments in 2020 (Lewis' high school graduation year) and another 4 in 2021. Taking a JUCO kid kind of signals that you messed up on the lot and now have a hole you need to fill. I was confused at the time of the commitment and saw this as a luxury that the Ducks were better suited using at another position. Well, then Kingsley transferred out of the blue, and it became a bit more of something you wouldn't hate. So, I'm not confident enough to say that this is a case where the staff let go of a kid so they can use the spot elsewhere, but I also wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.bellsduck wrote:What is going on?
For his part, Lewis' sophomore film looks pretty good. He's talented enough to play for the Ducks.
The other decommitments- I'd wager that the staff wanted Anderson to move on so they could get Clemons, and that Setagna was a surprise to them but one that I think they can afford.
-
GrantDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 2629
- Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm
Re: QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
From my understanding, it was pretty unknown still what would happen with scholarship limits and so forth when these kids were offered/accepted because things were so up in the air with Covid. Also had some more talented guys commit/come on the radar later.dthomas=ddixon wrote:With the decommits, do you know the thought process behind getting these commits in the first place? Why would the staff waste the time and resources on guys that they wouldn’t have room for?GrantDuck wrote:A lot of Twitter folks are going to freak out about all the transfers/decommits going forward.
These are basically expected because of the scholarship crunch this year(Covid year last year).
Obviously, we need to hold on to our top guys like Banks, but outside of that, these should be expected.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also, in some cases(like Satenga), some players were still certainly wanted and had a change of heart(as is usual for seemingly 3-5 commits per cycle).
-
lmduck
QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
Correct on Anderson and I heard they were not too surprised about Satagena. There was always the thought with him that Mom and Dad might push for him to be CTH.StevensTechU wrote:Percy's commitment was confusing when it happened. Cristobal and Mirabal took 5 commitments in 2020 (Lewis' high school graduation year) and another 4 in 2021. Taking a JUCO kid kind of signals that you messed up on the lot and now have a hole you need to fill. I was confused at the time of the commitment and saw this as a luxury that the Ducks were better suited using at another position. Well, then Kingsley transferred out of the blue, and it became a bit more of something you wouldn't hate. So, I'm not confident enough to say that this is a case where the staff let go of a kid so they can use the spot elsewhere, but I also wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.bellsduck wrote:What is going on?
For his part, Lewis' sophomore film looks pretty good. He's talented enough to play for the Ducks.
The other decommitments- I'd wager that the staff wanted Anderson to move on so they could get Clemons, and that Setagna was a surprise to them but one that I think they can afford.
I have heard from a number of people that things look very, very good with Clemons. Take it FWIW.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
I have posted about this one several times in the last 2 months. It was expected. What fans won't want to hear is Banks and Dudley are wavering. A&M and Alabama smell blood on the water. Sorry to deliver bad news, but this is going to be a gut wrenching 6 weeks.StevensTechU wrote:Percy's commitment was confusing when it happened. Cristobal and Mirabal took 5 commitments in 2020 (Lewis' high school graduation year) and another 4 in 2021. Taking a JUCO kid kind of signals that you messed up on the lot and now have a hole you need to fill. I was confused at the time of the commitment and saw this as a luxury that the Ducks were better suited using at another position. Well, then Kingsley transferred out of the blue, and it became a bit more of something you wouldn't hate. So, I'm not confident enough to say that this is a case where the staff let go of a kid so they can use the spot elsewhere, but I also wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.bellsduck wrote:What is going on?
For his part, Lewis' sophomore film looks pretty good. He's talented enough to play for the Ducks.
The other decommitments- I'd wager that the staff wanted Anderson to move on so they could get Clemons, and that Setagna was a surprise to them but one that I think they can afford.
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: QUACK - Percy Lewis - JuCo OT
I will echo Jimmy ^ and wouldn’t be surprised to see Kelvin Banks out next. Dudley has been really good this year, answered the questions that Bama had. I previously mentioned Auburn sniffing around Tanner Bailey, but less likely.
As for Lewis, he’s a project. JuCo guys fall into different categories/tiers for me, and he’s the high risk one. High ceiling, low floor, questionable ability to contribute. I’m all for JuCos if it’s the right guy, those will be more rare with the transfer portal. We’re already starting three JuCos on the OL (only Bass is really good, although Sala and Moore aren’t bad-bad) and wanting another one is a sign we haven’t recruited or developed well, especially since Lewis was recruited when Kingsley was an expected future starter at tackle.
As for Lewis, he’s a project. JuCo guys fall into different categories/tiers for me, and he’s the high risk one. High ceiling, low floor, questionable ability to contribute. I’m all for JuCos if it’s the right guy, those will be more rare with the transfer portal. We’re already starting three JuCos on the OL (only Bass is really good, although Sala and Moore aren’t bad-bad) and wanting another one is a sign we haven’t recruited or developed well, especially since Lewis was recruited when Kingsley was an expected future starter at tackle.