2019 Early Signing Period thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

squintsdd wrote:Think I'm just gonna stop following recruiting. A commit is no longer a commit. Hell, even signing the LOI is no guarantee
True, but us fans have no problems when we poach guys from other schools. :shouldershrug:
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media

Post by Phenom »

User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Long time coming but that one hurts.
Duck24
Senior
Posts: 4744
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media

Post by Duck24 »

Oh man, that SUCKS. Can’t say it’s too terribly surprising giving his having two kids back in Florida but no less crappy.
bellsduck
Senior
Posts: 3820
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:40 am
GM: Utah Jazz

Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media

Post by bellsduck »

Nothing like decommitting a week before signing day.
Cool.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media

Post by StevensTechU »

squintsdd wrote:Think I'm just gonna stop following recruiting. A commit is no longer a commit. Hell, even signing the LOI is no guarantee
When was this era of guys never changing their commitment??
Everythingsducky
Senior
Posts: 2727
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Williams decommits

Post by Everythingsducky »

Not totally unexpected. Reported by O-live: https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2 ... ducks.html
GoDucksIn09
Senior
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I don't know if ever a time where a commitment meant anything. It is for sure in 2019 I AM COMMITTED only means til I decide to change my mind and if that is 1 week before signing day then that is fine. I follow recruiting and I have always said that it seems to be a game to a lot of the kids and I AM COMMITTED FULLY does not mean what they are saying. No way do I want my kid to ever do that if he or she ever receives scholarship offers. If not committed 100% fully and completely then should never say are committed.
Everythingsducky
Senior
Posts: 2727
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: Williams decommits

Post by Everythingsducky »

Saw this reported on separate thread, mods delete if needed.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media

Post by GoDucksTroll »

StevensTechU wrote:
squintsdd wrote:Think I'm just gonna stop following recruiting. A commit is no longer a commit. Hell, even signing the LOI is no guarantee
When was this era of guys never changing their commitment??
I would say never, but 2004-7 is when recruiting got really wild. In 2007-9 I was on the frontlines and 95% of the class was secured, except for the big fish. That’s literally what they were known as, the few rare guys you were willing to wait for and slave over Adobe 2001 for for. I can’t even imagine how many people they need now.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39224
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: 2019 Early Signing Period thread

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon now down to #16 after Avantae Williams' decommitment. If Oregon loses Wilson, Hutson, Latu, Figgins, and Slusher, they'd drop down to around #20 with 17 total commits. They probably need to get 2 out of 3 of Flowe, Ringo, and Manning to make the all the potential defections sting so much. Also, I'm not sure what to make of Oregon struggling to get keep/get offensive recruits outside of the OL.
Image
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39224
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: 2019 Early Signing Period thread

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Mastro is picking up the slack now that Arroyo is gone:
Image
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40593
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: 2019 Early Signing Period thread

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Better all this going down now, then on actual signing day.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39224
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: 2019 Early Signing Period thread

Post by greenyellow »

We've actually got a Heyward sighting, this time with Kelee Ringo:
Image
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: 2019 Early Signing Period thread

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Heyward sighting makes me happy. If he was leaving it would be very weird to bring him to Ringo’s house.
Post Reply