Page 2 of 2
Re: Revision our expectations...
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:32 am
by gofightingducks
I see conference losses to Cal and USC and maybe one or two other teams (too early to say) and I can see a loss to Utah as well. I can see anywhere from 9-3 to 6-6. At this point I would be happy to make any bowl game as long as we win it! This will be a true test of Kelly's head coaching ability, whether he can make the necessary adjustments and get this team to bounce back.
Re: Revision our expectations...
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:44 am
by duck58
We would have defeated the opponents of all other PAC-10 schools, except LSU. Blount would have had a field day against Maryland. They were as slow as he was. Kelly will right the ship and if Masoli doesn't perform, we will see Costa and/or Thomas against Purdue or Utah. We will have to use our speed(LMJ) more which we shoud have done against BSU. I believe Cal would have had a tough game against BSU. We go 8-4 and go to Sun or Vegas Bowl.
Re: Revision our expectations...
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:36 pm
by dd10snoop28
7-5 like I said the first time if masoli starts. Look at jacory. He is doing great and Thomas is better and so is costa. Masoli is an average or worse qb. He was never anythinng special never will be
Re: Revision our expectations...
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:43 pm
by duck55
dd10snoop28 wrote:7-5 like I said the first time if masoli starts. Look at jacory. He is doing great and Thomas is better and so is costa. Masoli is an average or worse qb. He was never anythinng special never will be
Jacory has an expreienced OL in front of him & still got hit & hurt, throwing an int.
If Thomas & Costa are so much better than Masoli, why would Chip stick with him? I will continue to allow the coaching staff do the coaching and as a fan I will continue to show my support. If the coaches followed the blogs and started players as requested, Thomas or Roper would have lead the Ducks the last 4 games of last season yet I am pleased with how that turned out.
Re: Revision our expectations...
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:01 pm
by UOducksTK1
I say 8-4. I originally had us going 9-3, but deep down inside I thought we would beat Boise. So with that loss, I'd like to add USC, Cal, and one other game that we shouldn't lose but we do.
Honestly I'd be happy with an 8-4 finish and a bowl win. I'd love to beat Cal this year, but I just don't see it happening unless we this ship around FAST.
Re: Revision our expectations...
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:05 pm
by dd10snoop28
duck55 wrote:dd10snoop28 wrote:7-5 like I said the first time if masoli starts. Look at jacory. He is doing great and Thomas is better and so is costa. Masoli is an average or worse qb. He was never anythinng special never will be
Jacory has an expreienced OL in front of him & still got hit & hurt, throwing an int.
If Thomas & Costa are so much better than Masoli, why would Chip stick with him? I will continue to allow the coaching staff do the coaching and as a fan I will continue to show my support. If the coaches followed the blogs and started players as requested, Thomas or Roper would have lead the Ducks the last 4 games of last season yet I am pleased with how that turned out.
Roper/Costa/Thomas would've been better options for Boise State game.
Masoli is 7-4 as a starter you know. Roper was I think 5-0 as a starter.
Thomas played amazing against Boise State in 2 quarters while Masoli did s*** in 4 quarters.
I think he had like twice as many years in 2 fewer quarters. just SAD
Re: Revision our expectations...
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:51 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
dd10snoop28 wrote:duck55 wrote:dd10snoop28 wrote:7-5 like I said the first time if masoli starts. Look at jacory. He is doing great and Thomas is better and so is costa. Masoli is an average or worse qb. He was never anythinng special never will be
Jacory has an expreienced OL in front of him & still got hit & hurt, throwing an int.
If Thomas & Costa are so much better than Masoli, why would Chip stick with him? I will continue to allow the coaching staff do the coaching and as a fan I will continue to show my support. If the coaches followed the blogs and started players as requested, Thomas or Roper would have lead the Ducks the last 4 games of last season yet I am pleased with how that turned out.
Roper/Costa/Thomas would've been better options for Boise State game.
Masoli is 7-4 as a starter you know. Roper was I think 5-0 as a starter.
Thomas played amazing against Boise State in 2 quarters while Masoli did s*** in 4 quarters.
I think he had like twice as many years in 2 fewer quarters. just SAD
And that's why you're on a message board & not out there coaching. I seriously can't get over anonymous message boarders, whose extent of football experience comes from playing Madden, that think they know more about the players & the team than THE HEAD COACH OF THE TEAM.
Seriously, you are hilarious. Keep up the good work.
Re: Revision our expectations...
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:11 pm
by dd10snoop28
And that's why you're on a message board & not out there coaching. I seriously can't get over anonymous message boarders, whose extent of football experience comes from playing Madden, that think they know more about the players & the team than THE HEAD COACH OF THE TEAM.
Seriously, you are hilarious. Keep up the good work.
I just point out facts dude.
Obviously I'm not at every practice judging each QB, but from what I've seen on the field this year and last year, MASOLI is not the ducks QB.
People like you really need to get over the man-crush you have on Masoli and open up the options to let the ducks win.
Re: Revision our expectations...
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:18 pm
by Tray Dub
dthomas=ddixon wrote:dd10snoop28 wrote:duck55 wrote:[
Jacory has an expreienced OL in front of him & still got hit & hurt, throwing an int.
If Thomas & Costa are so much better than Masoli, why would Chip stick with him? I will continue to allow the coaching staff do the coaching and as a fan I will continue to show my support. If the coaches followed the blogs and started players as requested, Thomas or Roper would have lead the Ducks the last 4 games of last season yet I am pleased with how that turned out.
Roper/Costa/Thomas would've been better options for Boise State game.
Masoli is 7-4 as a starter you know. Roper was I think 5-0 as a starter.
Thomas played amazing against Boise State in 2 quarters while Masoli did s*** in 4 quarters.
I think he had like twice as many years in 2 fewer quarters. just SAD
And that's why you're on a message board & not out there coaching. I seriously can't get over anonymous message boarders, whose extent of football experience comes from playing Madden, that think they know more about the players & the team than THE HEAD COACH OF THE TEAM.
Seriously, you are hilarious. Keep up the good work.
So you've never second-guessed a coach? For example, you've never said a single bad thing about Ernie Kent's choices? Riiiiight...
Re: Revision our expectations...
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:57 pm
by dthomas=ddixon
I'm not saying you can't second guess coaches, that's a good thing IMO. Keeps them honest, especially if they're not doing a good job.
The thing that annoys me is people who think the know more about certain players than the coaches. Are you at every practice? Do you spend hours in the film room breaking down every play of every game? No of course not. But guess who is? Chip Kelly & the rest of the staff.
People see a couple plays in a game & think they have a better grasp on the team & players than the head coach. That's just rediculous.
I agree that things need to change for this next game. The play calling was questionable AT BEST, Masoli looked like he'd never played before & Chip looked really flustered. Those things need to be worked on. But people claiming that they have a better idea than the coaches of who should be the QB of this team have lost their minds.
Re: Revision our expectations...
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:14 pm
by echo31
I for one am glad we never gave up on Dennis Dixon when he struggled his Junior year or in the first game of his senior season in 2007.