I didn’t name anyone, but that’s because I’m too slow. I’m even disappointing in my disappointments. Wife confirmed.Duck07 wrote:How about a Most Disappointing Posters Ever thread?
If you named a player in this thread, congrats, you just made the list!
Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits ever
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
- ncduck
- Senior
- Posts: 2189
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:14 am
- Location: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Re: Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits e
- EncinitasDuck
- Five Star Recruit
- Posts: 1158
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:45 pm
- Location: Grants Pass Oregon
Re: Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits e
Kevin Willhite - google it
Now most of his problems stemmed from a serious hamstring injury in HS but at the time the hype of the name was like signing DAT. Plus he switched from the Fuskies to the Ducks on signing day.
Now most of his problems stemmed from a serious hamstring injury in HS but at the time the hype of the name was like signing DAT. Plus he switched from the Fuskies to the Ducks on signing day.
-
duckfan22
- Senior
- Posts: 2698
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:48 pm
Re: Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits e
Can't think of a single player
That I'm disappointed in. Sure
Some haven't been as advertised
But I'm glad they chose to
Come here. Most great kids
That I'm disappointed in. Sure
Some haven't been as advertised
But I'm glad they chose to
Come here. Most great kids
- OregonFan4Life
- All-American
- Posts: 15205
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm
Re: Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits e
Marcus Mariota. I’ll never forgive him for not bringing us a natty.

-
ducks5ever
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 936
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:15 pm
Re: Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits e
OregonFan4Life wrote:Marcus Mariota. I’ll never forgive him for not bringing us a natty.
What on earth did he do to you lol. He exceeded expectations as a recruit if this is what this thread was about....
@duckfan22 - nice poem/haiku
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits e
Sarcasm....ducks5ever wrote:OregonFan4Life wrote:Marcus Mariota. I’ll never forgive him for not bringing us a natty.
What on earth did he do to you lol. He exceeded expectations as a recruit if this is what this thread was about....
@duckfan22 - nice poem/haiku
Not sarcasm- All the students who got themselves kicked out of school (Tyrell Robinson, Masoli, etc.) should come first. Danny Mattingly popped into my head -- 247Sports has a tendency toward revisionist history, so they now list him as 3*, 0.87, but he was highly rated when he dropped Notre Dame for us. The troika of wide receivers that were all in the ESPN 300 that Scott Frost signed, that all ended up kind of sucking and transferring, might beat all for me.
I feel bad listing the guys with injuries, but Curtis White probably should be mentioned.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits e
Surprised no one mentioned Colt...
-
ducks5ever
- Four Star Recruit
- Posts: 936
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:15 pm
Re: Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits e
His Fiesta Bowl drive before half time was memorable! I think he also enters the record books as a dual TD scorer when him and the backup couldn't figure out who would get the ball?jimmy12 wrote:Surprised no one mentioned Colt...
-
woundedknees
- All-American
- Posts: 12821
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm
Re: Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits e
Lance Broadus, anyone?
Anyone?
Anyone?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!


-
whosyourwally
- Freshman
- Posts: 1301
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:52 am
- Location: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits e
If anything, it’s just that Tyner could have been soooo good if he could have stayed healthy. He really turned a corner his junior year. Started running angry. Classic Gary Campbell recruit.
Oh GC, how I miss you.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh GC, how I miss you.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits e
I don’t think he ever loved football and that’s okay.
- Blazers-1977
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:13 pm
Re: Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits e
EncinitasDuck wrote:Kevin Willhite - google it
Now most of his problems stemmed from a serious hamstring injury in HS but at the time the hype of the name was like signing DAT. Plus he switched from the Fuskies to the Ducks on signing day.
Wow just looked him up , man that sucks for him.
Last edited by Blazers-1977 on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Blazers-1977
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 116
- Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:13 pm
Re: Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits e
rockthief wrote:Tyner is nowhere near a disappointing list. OP issued a laughable premise. Fail
Maybe it is cause I really first became a Duck Football Fan late in the 2005 season and really started following them in the 2007 season( I didnt even follow recruiting till after the 2009 season). Until the 2007 season, I barely watched football at all other than the Super Bowl and like 1-2 Duck Games a year.
But since then Thomas Tyner was the most hyped up recruit I have ever seen at Oregon(Other than DAT) , but maybe that's cause I am from Beaverton and many people in my school knew who he was. Like KGW would talk about him all the time and he was hyped up so much that it made you think he was gonna be the greatest Duck Running Back Ever
I kinda feel he was kinda like the Andrew Wiggins of Duck Football a guy who was super super hyped coming in but turned out to be average
Last edited by Blazers-1977 on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
maxduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3763
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 pm
Re: Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits e
I was at an event where Rich Brooks discussed recruiting that year. His comment with respect to Wilhite "We are going to be investigated". Remember Oregon went 2-9 three of the previous 5 seasons.
-
OG Duck
- Two Star Recruit
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:07 pm
Re: Is Thomas Tyner one of the most disappointing recruits e
I was very disappointed in Cameron Colvin. Dude was a 5-star recruit, one of the highest rated in Oregon history, but barely contributed. I'll never forget that fumble vs. Cal in 2007, not that he's the only Oregon player to ever fumble away a golden opportunity...