Page 1 of 1
Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:25 pm
by UOducksTK1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8z2OL4QI94
Let's take care of business against Purdue and prove this guy wrong.
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:30 pm
by Elduderino
You know, you've got to wonder if these guys aren't jumping the gun just a bit. In the scheme of things we did lose by only 11 to a team that more than likely will end up unbeaten.....6 games or less? I guess we'll find out this weekend.
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:12 pm
by briarduck
I think the question was asked..."could OR win more than seven games..." so I would guess RS was getting only seven, and with the way we played who wouldn't second guess us right now but as you just mentioned above, a win vs Purdue stops a lot of that...
GO DUCKS!!
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:13 am
by wheaton4prez
Well. He could be right.
I think we'll know after this game. It's either going to be "where was this team last week against BSU?" Or, "WTFOMGBBQSAUCE!"
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:22 am
by yudah02
When speaking of Blounts punch, Robert Smith claimed "he could have killed him!"
Granted if Blount would have stepped into his punch he probably could have killed him, it still took some creditability out of Smith for me, even though i enjoyed the quote.
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:02 am
by Elduderino
Smith has obviously not been involved in many "incidents" in his life, lol
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:00 am
by GoDucksIn09
I mentioned this on the revision thread of games we will win. I picked us to go 7-5 but if ask me which 7 games we will win.. I honestly do not know. The team looked soooo bad last week.. worse than I have seen in long long time. I am not jumping off the bandwagon.. just expressing that I can understand why person would say will win 6 or less with the way played last week. I will stick by Chip Kelly though.. even if do only win 6 games. He is our future and will solidly support him no matter our record. I think long term wise will be a great coach. The hand been dealt to him was not of his choosing. He did what he had to do.
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:22 am
by uodux1212
GoDucksIn09 wrote:I mentioned this on the revision thread of games we will win. I picked us to go 7-5 but if ask me which 7 games we will win.. I honestly do not know. The team looked soooo bad last week.. worse than I have seen in long long time. I am not jumping off the bandwagon.. just expressing that I can understand why person would say will win 6 or less with the way played last week. I will stick by Chip Kelly though.. even if do only win 6 games. He is our future and will solidly support him no matter our record. I think long term wise will be a great coach. The hand been dealt to him was not of his choosing. He did what he had to do.
P Carroll went 6-6 in his first year... Im pretty sure he turned out alright...
GO DUCKS
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:52 am
by brich75
yudah02 wrote:When speaking of Blounts punch, Robert Smith claimed "he could have killed him!"
Granted if Blount would have stepped into his punch he probably could have killed him, it still took some creditability out of Smith for me, even though i enjoyed the quote.
He hit him on the jaw, He could have broken his jaw not killed him.
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:12 pm
by Phenom
Right before the show was over today they asked him to pick one upset and he picked Purdue over us. Has he always had a problem with us or does he really not believe in our team?
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:24 pm
by duckgrad99
The backlash towards Oregon because of 1 loss at a team that never loses at home has gotten ridiculous. You can bet your you know what they if Ohio State or Notre Dame lost at Boise St, they would still gloat about them and talk about them as a national title team. They are already doing it with Oklahoma.
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:45 pm
by addictedtoquack
This guy is obviously an idiot, our defense didn't play stellar but being that they played like 3/4's of the game I would say they played pretty well.
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:29 am
by Bigducker
Can't believe all this negative talk after one week. If the Ducks go 1-3 in their first four games, then maybe you can say 6 or less, but it's only one game on the road against a team thats now 65-2 the last ten years. Way to early to bury the Ducks.
I think Robert Smith is just frustrated about how bad his Buckeyes are going to get whooped today.

...... And how terrible the big ten is.