Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40569
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8z2OL4QI94
Let's take care of business against Purdue and prove this guy wrong.
Let's take care of business against Purdue and prove this guy wrong.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
- Elduderino
- Senior
- Posts: 2242
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
- Location: CA
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
You know, you've got to wonder if these guys aren't jumping the gun just a bit. In the scheme of things we did lose by only 11 to a team that more than likely will end up unbeaten.....6 games or less? I guess we'll find out this weekend.
AKA: CAgrown
- briarduck
- Senior
- Posts: 3183
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:55 am
- Location: Milwaukie OR
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
I think the question was asked..."could OR win more than seven games..." so I would guess RS was getting only seven, and with the way we played who wouldn't second guess us right now but as you just mentioned above, a win vs Purdue stops a lot of that...
GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
- wheaton4prez
- Senior
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:36 pm
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Well. He could be right.
I think we'll know after this game. It's either going to be "where was this team last week against BSU?" Or, "WTFOMGBBQSAUCE!"
I think we'll know after this game. It's either going to be "where was this team last week against BSU?" Or, "WTFOMGBBQSAUCE!"
-
yudah02
- One Star Recruit
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:53 pm
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
When speaking of Blounts punch, Robert Smith claimed "he could have killed him!"
Granted if Blount would have stepped into his punch he probably could have killed him, it still took some creditability out of Smith for me, even though i enjoyed the quote.
Granted if Blount would have stepped into his punch he probably could have killed him, it still took some creditability out of Smith for me, even though i enjoyed the quote.
- Elduderino
- Senior
- Posts: 2242
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 pm
- Location: CA
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Smith has obviously not been involved in many "incidents" in his life, lol
AKA: CAgrown
-
GoDucksIn09
- Senior
- Posts: 3086
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:15 am
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
I mentioned this on the revision thread of games we will win. I picked us to go 7-5 but if ask me which 7 games we will win.. I honestly do not know. The team looked soooo bad last week.. worse than I have seen in long long time. I am not jumping off the bandwagon.. just expressing that I can understand why person would say will win 6 or less with the way played last week. I will stick by Chip Kelly though.. even if do only win 6 games. He is our future and will solidly support him no matter our record. I think long term wise will be a great coach. The hand been dealt to him was not of his choosing. He did what he had to do.
-
uodux1212
- Senior
- Posts: 3965
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:44 pm
- Location: Portland, OR
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
P Carroll went 6-6 in his first year... Im pretty sure he turned out alright...GoDucksIn09 wrote:I mentioned this on the revision thread of games we will win. I picked us to go 7-5 but if ask me which 7 games we will win.. I honestly do not know. The team looked soooo bad last week.. worse than I have seen in long long time. I am not jumping off the bandwagon.. just expressing that I can understand why person would say will win 6 or less with the way played last week. I will stick by Chip Kelly though.. even if do only win 6 games. He is our future and will solidly support him no matter our record. I think long term wise will be a great coach. The hand been dealt to him was not of his choosing. He did what he had to do.
GO DUCKS

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly
“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
- brich75
- Senior
- Posts: 4054
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:27 pm
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
He hit him on the jaw, He could have broken his jaw not killed him.yudah02 wrote:When speaking of Blounts punch, Robert Smith claimed "he could have killed him!"
Granted if Blount would have stepped into his punch he probably could have killed him, it still took some creditability out of Smith for me, even though i enjoyed the quote.
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Right before the show was over today they asked him to pick one upset and he picked Purdue over us. Has he always had a problem with us or does he really not believe in our team?
-
duckgrad99
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 6086
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 pm
- Location: San Diego
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
The backlash towards Oregon because of 1 loss at a team that never loses at home has gotten ridiculous. You can bet your you know what they if Ohio State or Notre Dame lost at Boise St, they would still gloat about them and talk about them as a national title team. They are already doing it with Oklahoma.

- addictedtoquack
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 268
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:47 am
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
This guy is obviously an idiot, our defense didn't play stellar but being that they played like 3/4's of the game I would say they played pretty well.

-
Bigducker
- Freshman
- Posts: 1391
- Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:51 pm
Re: Robert Smith has Oregon winning 6 or less games
Can't believe all this negative talk after one week. If the Ducks go 1-3 in their first four games, then maybe you can say 6 or less, but it's only one game on the road against a team thats now 65-2 the last ten years. Way to early to bury the Ducks.
I think Robert Smith is just frustrated about how bad his Buckeyes are going to get whooped today.
...... And how terrible the big ten is.
I think Robert Smith is just frustrated about how bad his Buckeyes are going to get whooped today.
