D’eriq King
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 475
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
D’eriq King
Is in the transfer portal. Wonder if we take a shot at him. Probably a long line to fight through.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39222
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
- stlDUCKfan
- Pac-12 Prediction Winner!
- Posts: 966
- Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:54 pm
- Location: STL
Re: D’eriq King
Extremely impressive runner, not really impressed with the arm. I wouldn’t hate it if he came to Eugene.

- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: D’eriq King
I wouldn't be surprised if he already knows where he's going.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39222
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: D’eriq King
Sounds like Arkansas is the odds-on favorite since their OC is Kendal Briles and King had his best year at Houston with Briles as his OC.

- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: D’eriq King
With Moorhead in the fold, King potentially makes a lot more sense than before. Shough and Millen have adequate athleticism to run a lot of RPOs, but King might be able to come in and do it from Day 1 while the other guys transition to the new offense.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: D’eriq King
StevensTechU wrote:With Moorhead in the fold, King potentially makes a lot more sense than before. Shough and Millen have adequate athleticism to run a lot of RPOs, but King might be able to come in and do it from Day 1 while the other guys transition to the new offense.
STU-- I am interested in your opinion on the hire? Good, bad, question marks?
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: D’eriq King
I think he's a great hire, assuming he's adaptable. Defenses are starting to catch up to spread teams, though still have a ways to go, and in general nothing lasts forever (Hello, Wing T!). But the fact that Moorhead has been a number of places, had success as an OC at all of them, indicates he's as sure a bet as anyone.jimmy12 wrote:StevensTechU wrote:With Moorhead in the fold, King potentially makes a lot more sense than before. Shough and Millen have adequate athleticism to run a lot of RPOs, but King might be able to come in and do it from Day 1 while the other guys transition to the new offense.
STU-- I am interested in your opinion on the hire? Good, bad, question marks?
The most common critique I've seen is that he only sticks around ~2 years before another HC gig comes about. If that's so, that means he's had success at Oregon to make him an attractive candidate again, so I'll take it. I'll take 1 national title over five 10-win seasons.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: D’eriq King
In terms of other transfers I wouldn't be upset to see Oregon go after- Anthony Brown of Boston College.
Coming out of high school, I thought Brown could be the next Darron Thomas, and so far in his college career I've seen nothing that has changed my mind. Prior to injury this year, Brown was completing 59% of his passes (Darron was 61% as a JR), 9 TDs to 2 INTs (Darron- 33:7), and overall passer rating of 154.5 versus Darron's 158.7. Neither has elite arm strength or elite accuracy, but both are field generals who take what the defense gives them and are capable of tucking it and can pick up chunk yardage. I don't know about beating tOSU, but I'd like our chances to run the conference with AB in the backfield.
Coming out of high school, I thought Brown could be the next Darron Thomas, and so far in his college career I've seen nothing that has changed my mind. Prior to injury this year, Brown was completing 59% of his passes (Darron was 61% as a JR), 9 TDs to 2 INTs (Darron- 33:7), and overall passer rating of 154.5 versus Darron's 158.7. Neither has elite arm strength or elite accuracy, but both are field generals who take what the defense gives them and are capable of tucking it and can pick up chunk yardage. I don't know about beating tOSU, but I'd like our chances to run the conference with AB in the backfield.
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 475
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: D’eriq King
There’s also a rumor floating around that Chase Brice, Clemson’s second string quarterback, MIGHT go into the transfer portal. If so he would be a graduate transfer who would have two years to play. No idea if we’d have a shot if he did, some people are saying he’d want to go back home to Georgia. But they just got Newman, so who knows.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: D’eriq King
That's a 'no thanks' from me.HomeSickDuck wrote:There’s also a rumor floating around that Chase Brice, Clemson’s second string quarterback, MIGHT go into the transfer portal. If so he would be a graduate transfer who would have two years to play. No idea if we’d have a shot if he did, some people are saying he’d want to go back home to Georgia. But they just got Newman, so who knows.
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 475
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: D’eriq King
Why?StevensTechU wrote:That's a 'no thanks' from me.HomeSickDuck wrote:There’s also a rumor floating around that Chase Brice, Clemson’s second string quarterback, MIGHT go into the transfer portal. If so he would be a graduate transfer who would have two years to play. No idea if we’d have a shot if he did, some people are saying he’d want to go back home to Georgia. But they just got Newman, so who knows.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: D’eriq King
In the games I watched him play, he seemed like a game manager rather than a playmaker. I have a hard time imagining a team winning a NY6 bowl with him behind center unless it's Alabama.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39222
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: D’eriq King
King is headed to Miami while former Florida QB Feleipe Franks is going to Arkansas:
