Page 1 of 1

PWO kicker?

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:09 am
by chapelhillduck
Harrison Beattie, 2020 K, says he’s committed


https://twitter.com/hbeattie9/status/12 ... 49953?s=21


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: PWO kicker?

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:35 am
by Phalanx
I saw this last night, and was wondering why a kicker would want to come all the way from Maryland to pay tuition at the U of O. Maybe he feels like he is good enough to either earn a scholarship or impress NFL scouts. I guess if I am looking at major programs who need a kicker, Oregon's pathetic performance at that position this year would be enticing.

Re: PWO kicker?

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:58 am
by Alan
He can’t be much worse than our current kicker

Re: PWO kicker?

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:00 pm
by nogerO
Why is it such feast or famine with kickers for us? :x Doesn’t sound like this guy will do anything but push a real kicker to get better.

Re: PWO kicker?

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:57 pm
by OG Duck
Yahoo/NBC Sports calls the dude a "Five-star kicker"... https://sports.yahoo.com/five-star-kick ... 21866.html

Edit: Upon actually reading the article, I see that the five star rating is from here: https://kohlskicking.com/player-profile ... on-beattie

Re: PWO kicker?

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:20 pm
by GoDucksTroll
OG Duck wrote:Yahoo/NBC Sports calls the dude a "Five-star kicker"... https://sports.yahoo.com/five-star-kick ... 21866.html

Edit: Upon actually reading the article, I see that the five star rating is from here: https://kohlskicking.com/player-profile ... on-beattie
If you pay those kicking camps you get a 5-star rating. Adam Stack was a 5-star kicker, everyone is a four or five star if they go to those camps.