Page 1 of 2

QUACK!!! Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:14 pm
by Merganzer

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:24 pm
by thomas time
great news, first of many this month

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:26 pm
by RanDux
thomas time wrote:great news, first of many this month
Woo hoo!!!! Welcome to the flock, Troy. You won't be disappointed with your decision.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:54 pm
by Tray Dub
A quote I really liked from Tyson Alger's piece in The Athletic:
Franklin had become one of the top recruits in the state of California.

“The one thing that’s kind of interesting is that when that happened he kind of asked me what it meant. Like, ‘What does this mean?” Ravipati [his high school coach] said. “And I asked him what he meant and he just felt like there was so much better that he could get at and that he didn’t understand why he was ranked so high. He’s just so driven and focused to be great.”

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:55 pm
by Tray Dub
Another:
“I’d be sitting with his mom at these different colleges and he’d always ask me to film them,” Ravipati said. “And then after camp was over we’d be sitting there, maybe eating dinner or back at the hotel and he’d want to watch the clips with him to see what coverage the defense was in, wondering how he could have done better on this route.

“… Honestly, to this day, I can’t really remember him struggling. A part of that is the way he prepares and the way he’s committed to his craft. There aren’t many players that can come in as freshmen and process film sessions like he did.”
I'm on the hype train.

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:56 pm
by OregonFan4Life
Tray Dub wrote:A quote I really liked from Tyson Alger's piece in The Athletic:
Franklin had become one of the top recruits in the state of California.

“The one thing that’s kind of interesting is that when that happened he kind of asked me what it meant. Like, ‘What does this mean?” Ravipati [his high school coach] said. “And I asked him what he meant and he just felt like there was so much better that he could get at and that he didn’t understand why he was ranked so high. He’s just so driven and focused to be great.”
Love that! He’s gonna work hard. Oregon is building such a god culture under Mario’s leadership.

Another quote, this one from Franklin himself.

“I like what they are doing with the program,” he said. “I think it’s on a verge of a natty“

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:15 pm
by UOducksTK1
Man #2 WR to Oregon? Over USC? In what world are we living in...

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:18 pm
by nogerO
UOducksTK1 wrote:Man #2 WR to Oregon? Over USC? In what world are we living in...
I hope the one where we win a national championship before I check out... :D

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:46 am
by jimmy12
nogerO wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Man #2 WR to Oregon? Over USC? In what world are we living in...
I hope the one where we win a national championship before I check out... :D

Amen to that!

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:35 am
by mrpd21

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:32 pm
by UOducksTK1
Well that was quick. Remember the educk days when Oregon landed a commit, he'd lose a star?

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:48 pm
by karlhungis
How many 5 stars will we finish with in this class?

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:51 pm
by greenyellow
karlhungis wrote:How many 5 stars will we finish with in this class?
Probably 2 as I think they'll get either Foreman or the DL from the Seattle-area.

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:52 pm
by karlhungis
greenyellow wrote:
karlhungis wrote:How many 5 stars will we finish with in this class?
Probably 2 as I think they'll get either Foreman or the DL from the Seattle-area.
None of the other guys are on the bubble of potentially getting that next star?

Re: Troy Franklin picks Oregon

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:23 pm
by buckmarkduck
karlhungis wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
karlhungis wrote:How many 5 stars will we finish with in this class?
Probably 2 as I think they'll get either Foreman or the DL from the Seattle-area.
None of the other guys are on the bubble of potentially getting that next star?
It hurts a guy like Ty Thompson, not having any camps of the elite 11 this summer. I bet he would have been great at the elite 11. And who knows if HS will have full seasons or not. Not many guys able to move or shine without camps or full seasons.