Dante Moore's run/pass tell

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39222
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Dante Moore's run/pass tell

Post by greenyellow »

Landon Tengwall and Andrew Nemec have found Dante Moore's run/pass tell with his footwork. The fact journalists and former players are picking up on it while the staff hasn't fixed it yet is kind of troubling. That's something that should have been drilled out of him this offseason and fall camp.
Image
Xenocide23
One Star Recruit
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: Dante Moore's run/pass tell

Post by Xenocide23 »

This is a bad tell and apparently dates back to midseason of last year. This may explain why our offense randomly crapped the bed against some teams and not others. Baffling that no one on the coaching staff picked up on this despite Indiana telling journalists that they had keyed in on tells that gave away the play last year.
User avatar
pezsez1
All Pac-12
Posts: 6294
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:30 pm
Location: RIP CITY

Re: Dante Moore's run/pass tell

Post by pezsez1 »

Three reactions:

1) I sure hope we get to see Nemec ask Lanning about this.

2) If only we had a veteran OC who'd know to look for these things!

3) This goes far beyond the Oklahoma State game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB_v2/comment ... /#lightbox

Promoting from the Will Stein coaching tree was such a colossal mistake. We're running a lesser version of the Mild Mentality offense with the same baked-in tells that might have cost us a title last season. And this loss was so bad that we might get squeezed out this season even if we finish with just two losses. It's wild that NOBODY in the Oregon program was able to see (over the course of more than a year!) what Nemec was able to see in a few hours with a former Idaho QB.

I really like Dan Lanning. I still believe he can lead us to the promise land. But damn he should have manned up and hired coordinators who would have covered his lack of experience.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
User avatar
OregonFan4Life
All-American
Posts: 15155
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Dante Moore's run/pass tell

Post by OregonFan4Life »

How much blame falls on Mullens? I like Rob Mullens overall, he brings some strengths, but he doesn’t have an alpha personality that would step in and demand Dan hire outside coordinators. I feel like we’ve seen Mullens also get complacent over the years with hires allowing Dan to be the same way.

Also this goes beyond coordinators, we have a 33 year old QB coach that never played or coached the position and played defense in high school and was on the defensive side of the coaching staff last year. That hire was absolutely asinine and it showed when he was up on the presser talking about ice cream.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39222
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Dante Moore's run/pass tell

Post by greenyellow »

Having gone over Dante's footwork since HS, this supposed tell didn't develop until recently. In HS, he had a slight right foot forward stance on runs and passes. When he got to UCLA in 2023, they changed him into a left foot forward stance. At Oregon in 2024, he's got the same stance left foot forward stance at UCLA. For 2025, Dante's stance is the same as 2023 and 2024 all the way through the 1st round game against JMU. It's not until the Orange and Peach Bowls that he's starting to go left foot forward on passes and a more neutral/balanced stance on runs. During the spring game and the first two games of 2026, Dante's stances between run and pass are very noticeable. It's definitely something that needs to be fixed ASAP but it's not the only ill that ails Oregon's offense.
Image
GDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 413
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: Dante Moore's run/pass tell

Post by GDuck »

Another interesting article about run/pass tell.

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-footba ... 50906.html
Everythingsducky
Senior
Posts: 2722
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: Dante Moore's run/pass tell

Post by Everythingsducky »

I hate this info. I hate that the media is portraying these ‘tell’s’, and post Indiana games ‘tells’, and now Okie State had the same ‘tells’. I hate it. Is this media getting an avenue to blast UO Football? I seriously don’t want to believe Lanning, and the myriad staff, have not seen, calculated, and overlooked possible tendencies with Dante, or other players. Me believes it is a little overreaching. But it still begs the question. Do the Ducks, on every level, have competent evaluators of all functions of the team? Is there some laziness? Why is this only coming out now? I think I would have remembered Indiana saying how they keyed after the second loss, especially. Did I forget, and missed the fact they keyed on the same sh*t the second time? I don’t want to believe, with all the evaluators on staff, that they don’t listen to other team’s critiques, evaluate, and make changes. Unless their theory is really damaged. I’m of the thought that there needs to be more adults in the room. Experience is everything. I get the bonding of young coaches and young players, absolutely. Outside of Cavenaugh, is there anyone over 34? Ducks need some vets in the room.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40590
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Dante Moore's run/pass tell

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Definitely not great!! But at the same time, our defense sucked against Indiana and OK State. I guess we'll blame tells for them too?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
pezsez1
All Pac-12
Posts: 6294
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:30 pm
Location: RIP CITY

Re: Dante Moore's run/pass tell

Post by pezsez1 »

WSJ has an article too about some random former quarterback who noticed the tell while watching the game. Crazy!

I wish Oregon were roaring through its early schedule en route to an epic clash with Ohio State with title aspirations... but that's just not the reality of this season. Dan Lanning screwed it up before it started by failing to find the best people for our coordinator jobs. He didn't even try. I'm not anti-Lanning, he brings a lot of great qualities as a coach, and we've seen him do great things with a competent staff, but ****.

These coaches always preach maximum effort, clockwork execution, etc. The problem here is that when it was Lanning's turn to step up and give his best effort to the program, instead he phoned it in by promoting his friends. Here's the simple truth -- even if these hires had turned out to be above-average coordinators right off the bat (which was always going to be a long shot), Lanning STILL would have left better possibilities unexplored. He left money on the table. He didn't even try.

At this point we should all be hopeful that Lanning finds the stones to make big boy decisions this offseason. He certainly didn't do that last offseason when he really needed to.

So yeah, I'm actually kind of enjoying this moment. I like that the media gets to tee off on Oregon a bit. I love that ANDREW NEMEC, who Lanning loves to playfully belittle, is the one who broke the story about Dante Moore's wild tell. And I love that all Dan Lanning can really do about this is sit there and take it. He SHOULD sit there and take it! Take that medicine, Lanning!!! That dude gets paid way too many millions to sit on his thumbs while making inspirational videos about "giving your best." Love you, Dan, but take your ****ing medicine and like it.

Yeah, I'm mad about this, because you didn't have to be a football genius to know Lanning crapped the bed in the offseason, and now we're all paying the price.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
bdkipe
Four Star Recruit
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: Dante Moore's run/pass tell

Post by bdkipe »

The best part of this whole situation has been watching the pissing match / dick-measuring contest this has turned into online between Nemec, Rooke-Ley, Schwartz and their various buddies all taking sides against each other on social media. Sensitive people just firing at each other. It’s entertaining to say the least. That’s why I appreciate media that stays above the fray vs the guys that just jump down into the mud and start attacking each other for “opinions”.
Post Reply