2019 Early Signing Period thread
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread
Donte has been all over the place!!!
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread
Yeah, Donte has been all over the country. I bet he gets promoted to co-DC/DB coach if Hayward leaves.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39224
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread
We've seen Donte visiting multiple guys yet Heyward hasn't been seen much outside of that Bennett Williams visit. Bouknight is another no-show so far on the recruiting trail so it seems he may be on his way out as well.GoDucksTroll wrote:This is one of the risks with having assistant coaches who are such stud recruiters, the players commit to them as much as the school. I love recruiting, but this is such a weird thing when you take a step back. Highly paid and motivated grown men building relationships with, and manipulating, high school students for their own personal gain. Sometimes it's best not to overthink it.
I could see Bouknight being someone that Arroyo could poach. Young assistant who isn't as highly paid as our others.
It looks like the following coaches have been out hitting the recruiting trail: Avalos, Big Joe, Mastro, Mirabal, Bobby Williams, Ken Wilson, and Keith Heyward.
I noticed Heyward was with Bennett Williams in that picture, so that may be a good sign.
Has Donte Williams been seen? Maybe Arroyo was able to afford to bring him to UNLV with a promotion to DC?

- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread
Thanks for the updates on Donte, I haven't been paying too much attention so it's great to know our recruiting ace is still out there.
I guess the next big thing is finding a replacement OC, hopefully before the signing period. If Bouknight goes that would allow the new OC to bring one of his guys.
I guess the next big thing is finding a replacement OC, hopefully before the signing period. If Bouknight goes that would allow the new OC to bring one of his guys.
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread
I doubt it happens before the early signing period. Cristobal liked to interview as many guys as possible and makes sure he has the right guy.GoDucksTroll wrote:Thanks for the updates on Donte, I haven't been paying too much attention so it's great to know our recruiting ace is still out there.
I guess the next big thing is finding a replacement OC, hopefully before the signing period. If Bouknight goes that would allow the new OC to bring one of his guys.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread
I dont think Coach Bo goes. You dont go from Oregon to UNLV unless you get a promotion and i dont think he’s an OC
- lukeyrid13
- All-American
- Posts: 10475
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
- GM: Portland TrailBlazers
Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread
Losing Donte to UNLV would hurt big time. He has proven to be an elite recruiter and a great on field coach as well. I think he is probably more important than both Heyward and Big Joe as top position coaches on our staff.
- Phenom
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 9914
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am
Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread
lol Donte to UNLV? who started that?
-
SuperDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 4654
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 am
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread
I read that Arroyo to UNLV wasn't a done deal and that the 2 sides seemed "far apart". It was since said that LSU's OC has entered the mix as a candidate.
John 3:36
- GoDucksTroll
- Sophomore
- Posts: 1742
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am
Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread
UNLV officially announced Arroyo as their coach this morning.SuperDuck wrote:I read that Arroyo to UNLV wasn't a done deal and that the 2 sides seemed "far apart". It was since said that LSU's OC has entered the mix as a candidate.
-
SuperDuck
- Senior
- Posts: 4654
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 am
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread
Wow! Things change quickly. I stand corrected.GoDucksTroll wrote:UNLV officially announced Arroyo as their coach this morning.SuperDuck wrote:I read that Arroyo to UNLV wasn't a done deal and that the 2 sides seemed "far apart". It was since said that LSU's OC has entered the mix as a candidate.
I hope MC has a stud OC/Recruiter in line to replace him with.
John 3:36
- UOducksTK1
- Site Admin

- Posts: 40591
- Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
- GM: Boston Celtics GM
- Location: Portland, Oregon
Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media
Johnny Wilson and Miles Slusher are not looking like commitments at this point. Bummer!
Good thing we have good depth at both positions, but still never cool to lose dudes, especially top 150 recruits.
Good thing we have good depth at both positions, but still never cool to lose dudes, especially top 150 recruits.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
-
HomeSickDuck
- Three Star Recruit
- Posts: 475
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm
Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media
I’m wondering if Slusher is more reflective of getting both Manning and Ringo?UOducksTK1 wrote:Johnny Wilson and Miles Slusher are not looking like commitments at this point. Bummer!
Good thing we have good depth at both positions, but still never cool to lose dudes, especially top 150 recruits.
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39224
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media
I've noticed that Kris Hutson has little to no Duck stuff on his Twitter account either.

-
squintsdd
- Senior
- Posts: 2066
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am
Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media
Think I'm just gonna stop following recruiting. A commit is no longer a commit. Hell, even signing the LOI is no guarantee