2019 Early Signing Period thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread

Post by jimmy12 »

Donte has been all over the place!!!
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread

Post by Phenom »

Yeah, Donte has been all over the country. I bet he gets promoted to co-DC/DB coach if Hayward leaves.
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39223
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread

Post by greenyellow »

GoDucksTroll wrote:This is one of the risks with having assistant coaches who are such stud recruiters, the players commit to them as much as the school. I love recruiting, but this is such a weird thing when you take a step back. Highly paid and motivated grown men building relationships with, and manipulating, high school students for their own personal gain. Sometimes it's best not to overthink it.

I could see Bouknight being someone that Arroyo could poach. Young assistant who isn't as highly paid as our others.

It looks like the following coaches have been out hitting the recruiting trail: Avalos, Big Joe, Mastro, Mirabal, Bobby Williams, Ken Wilson, and Keith Heyward.

I noticed Heyward was with Bennett Williams in that picture, so that may be a good sign.

Has Donte Williams been seen? Maybe Arroyo was able to afford to bring him to UNLV with a promotion to DC?
We've seen Donte visiting multiple guys yet Heyward hasn't been seen much outside of that Bennett Williams visit. Bouknight is another no-show so far on the recruiting trail so it seems he may be on his way out as well.
Image
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Thanks for the updates on Donte, I haven't been paying too much attention so it's great to know our recruiting ace is still out there.

I guess the next big thing is finding a replacement OC, hopefully before the signing period. If Bouknight goes that would allow the new OC to bring one of his guys.
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread

Post by Phenom »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Thanks for the updates on Donte, I haven't been paying too much attention so it's great to know our recruiting ace is still out there.

I guess the next big thing is finding a replacement OC, hopefully before the signing period. If Bouknight goes that would allow the new OC to bring one of his guys.
I doubt it happens before the early signing period. Cristobal liked to interview as many guys as possible and makes sure he has the right guy.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread

Post by jimmy12 »

I dont think Coach Bo goes. You dont go from Oregon to UNLV unless you get a promotion and i dont think he’s an OC
User avatar
lukeyrid13
All-American
Posts: 10475
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:58 am
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Losing Donte to UNLV would hurt big time. He has proven to be an elite recruiter and a great on field coach as well. I think he is probably more important than both Heyward and Big Joe as top position coaches on our staff.
User avatar
Phenom
All Pac-12
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:49 am

Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread

Post by Phenom »

lol Donte to UNLV? who started that?
SuperDuck
Senior
Posts: 4654
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 am
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread

Post by SuperDuck »

I read that Arroyo to UNLV wasn't a done deal and that the 2 sides seemed "far apart". It was since said that LSU's OC has entered the mix as a candidate.
John 3:36
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread

Post by GoDucksTroll »

SuperDuck wrote:I read that Arroyo to UNLV wasn't a done deal and that the 2 sides seemed "far apart". It was since said that LSU's OC has entered the mix as a candidate.
UNLV officially announced Arroyo as their coach this morning.
SuperDuck
Senior
Posts: 4654
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 am
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: 2018 Early Signing Period thread

Post by SuperDuck »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:I read that Arroyo to UNLV wasn't a done deal and that the 2 sides seemed "far apart". It was since said that LSU's OC has entered the mix as a candidate.
UNLV officially announced Arroyo as their coach this morning.
Wow! Things change quickly. I stand corrected.

I hope MC has a stud OC/Recruiter in line to replace him with.
John 3:36
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40591
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Johnny Wilson and Miles Slusher are not looking like commitments at this point. Bummer!

Good thing we have good depth at both positions, but still never cool to lose dudes, especially top 150 recruits.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media

Post by HomeSickDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Johnny Wilson and Miles Slusher are not looking like commitments at this point. Bummer!

Good thing we have good depth at both positions, but still never cool to lose dudes, especially top 150 recruits.
I’m wondering if Slusher is more reflective of getting both Manning and Ringo?
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39223
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media

Post by greenyellow »

I've noticed that Kris Hutson has little to no Duck stuff on his Twitter account either.
Image
squintsdd
Senior
Posts: 2066
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:39 am

Re: Wilson and Slusher delete Ducks stuff from social media

Post by squintsdd »

Think I'm just gonna stop following recruiting. A commit is no longer a commit. Hell, even signing the LOI is no guarantee
Post Reply