'Other Guys' Recruiting Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American
Posts: 12821
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: 'Other Guys' Recruiting Thread

Post by woundedknees »

punizhr02 wrote:It looks like Washington found a true diamond in the rough. The kid doesn't even have a 247 rating

https://247sports.com/Player/Siaosi-Finau-46102740/

Washington looks to be his only offer
6'3"/255 WDE, but I hope that's an old picture... Skinny arms, to say the least. Looks like a decent frame, but dang, that kid looks like he needs some strength training!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Image
punizhr02
One Star Recruit
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: 'Other Guys' Recruiting Thread

Post by punizhr02 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
punizhr02 wrote:It looks like Washington found a true diamond in the rough. The kid doesn't even have a 247 rating

https://247sports.com/Player/Siaosi-Finau-46102740/

Washington looks to be his only offer
What a dumpster fire. They offered a much better in-state DT (Jacob Schuster, who is a 4* in 247's own rankings not the composite) but they offered him a gray shirt. The next week he got full ride offers from Stanford and Cal.

Instead they took a kid with no FBS offers. I'm loving this, Jimmy Lake is going to tank Washington way faster than I thought.
Tells me they might be nervous about Schuster and JTT going elsewhere.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: 'Other Guys' Recruiting Thread

Post by StevensTechU »

punizhr02 wrote:It looks like Washington found a true diamond in the rough. The kid doesn't even have a 247 rating

https://247sports.com/Player/Siaosi-Finau-46102740/

Washington looks to be his only offer
He doesn't look bad. If I was rating him on 247's scale, I'd put him as an 86. Based on his film, he looks like a solid Pac-12 caliber DL, and I'd say he has as much potential to be an all-leaguer as he does on being a bust.
punizhr02
One Star Recruit
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: 'Other Guys' Recruiting Thread

Post by punizhr02 »

StevensTechU wrote:
punizhr02 wrote:It looks like Washington found a true diamond in the rough. The kid doesn't even have a 247 rating

https://247sports.com/Player/Siaosi-Finau-46102740/

Washington looks to be his only offer
He doesn't look bad. If I was rating him on 247's scale, I'd put him as an 86. Based on his film, he looks like a solid Pac-12 caliber DL, and I'd say he has as much potential to be an all-leaguer as he does on being a bust.
When have you ever seen a bad film on 247? Everybody looks good, because they show the best plays in the kid’s season. The fact that nobody in recruiting circles have ever heard of this kid is a major red flag.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: 'Other Guys' Recruiting Thread

Post by StevensTechU »

Lol. You don't watch highlight film for good plays vs bad plays. You watch them for athleticism, speed, effort, headiness, strength, technique.

Sometimes guys slip through the cracks. When there's no camps going on due to covid-19, there are probably going to be more of those than usual.
Post Reply