Kingsley Suamataia

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Kingsley Suamataia

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I didn’t see a thread for him, but he just released a top-7 and it was a bit surprising.

Oregon, USC, Arkansas, Virginia, Utah State, Utah, and BYU.

https://247sports.com/Player/Kingsley-S ... -46048415/

Looks like USC will be our main competition again. Looks like Kingsley is still a long way from committing. Oregon holds all 10 crystal balls.
punizhr02
One Star Recruit
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by punizhr02 »

I wouldn't worry too much about Kingsley. His silent commitment is the worst kept secret on the recruiting trail. The kid is just enjoying the process, as this is sometimes the only time the kid will ever get to be treated like royalty across the country. It would be stunning if this kid chose any other school but Oregon. Both his cousins (The Sewells) are playing here, and the Polys are all about family. Oregon is in Chip Kelly era mode up 40 late in the 3rd quarter and are running out the the bench players.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Update: "In the next couple weeks I will be committing." @KAhyouSuamataia on when fans can expect his commitment.

Sports radio station from Utah: https://twitter.com/espn960sports/statu ... 01633?s=21
thomas time
Senior
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by thomas time »

well by then it will be about ducks longest without a commit the last few months, so will be great time to get elite recruit like Kingsley.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40563
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Update: "In the next couple weeks I will be committing." @KAhyouSuamataia on when fans can expect his commitment.

Sports radio station from Utah: https://twitter.com/espn960sports/statu ... 01633?s=21
Gotta like it for Oregon. Suamataia is almost a top 50 prospect.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by StevensTechU »

All signs point to Oregon. Which is exactly why I'm nervous about it.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by jimmy12 »

Agreed. Perhaps he wants to create his own legacy (or perceived) and not be compared to Penei. Who knows.

One rumor-- I read on another site that on a IG live stream he was working out with Jackson Light and JL looked at him and said, "It's time" and they both said Go Ducks. Who knows,.
punizhr02
One Star Recruit
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by punizhr02 »

StevensTechU wrote:All signs point to Oregon. Which is exactly why I'm nervous about it.
This would absolutely shock me. If we had any of our prior coaches, I'd be a little worried too. But if there is one thing Cristobal and his staff know how to do, it's how to close on the recruiting trail. I think the only guy this year we couldn't close that was an Oregon lean was Worthy, and he slipped away after we got Franklin. I don't think the coaches can be faulted for that one.
User avatar
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore
Posts: 1742
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 am

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Kingsley has been posting some pro USC stuff of late, had Juju Smith-Schuster tweet at him after he tagged him in something.

It still looks like Oregon, but this is recruiting and you never know.
GrantDuck
Senior
Posts: 2629
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by GrantDuck »

I'm sure Juju can tell him what it's like to spend his college career losing to Oregon.
User avatar
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 40563
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 pm
GM: Boston Celtics GM
Location: Portland, Oregon

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I hope we don't let him get away. Keep the class rolling!

Plus Kingsley is a sick name.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
droop10
Freshman
Posts: 1413
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Kingsley Suamataia

Post by droop10 »

GrantDuck wrote:I'm sure Juju can tell him what it's like to spend his college career losing to Oregon.
Shuster's SC teams went 1-1 against Oregon, including beating up on the 4-8 Helf team by 25, so I'm not sure that point is relevant. That being said, I would be completely shocked if he went to SC.
Post Reply