Dream Finish

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Post Reply
alxtw
Freshman
Posts: 1263
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Dream Finish

Post by alxtw »

Are we still in the mix for conerly?
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Dream Finish

Post by jimmy12 »

alxtw wrote:Are we still in the mix for conerly?

There have been rumors that is meant to be on campus. I am not sure when, but with things at UW looking shaky, there may be an opening.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Dream Finish

Post by jimmy12 »

User avatar
Duck07
All-American
Posts: 17123
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Dream Finish

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:They're going to have a hard time taking 25 with how few SRs they have so 32 is going to be out of the question unless they have like 15-20 players transfer out and/or enter the NFL draft.
I thought someone said they'd need at least 7 players to leave/transfer for that 32 to be fungible.
Image
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Dream Finish

Post by StevensTechU »

Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:They're going to have a hard time taking 25 with how few SRs they have so 32 is going to be out of the question unless they have like 15-20 players transfer out and/or enter the NFL draft.
I thought someone said they'd need at least 7 players to leave/transfer for that 32 to be fungible.
They need 10-12 players to leave early/transfer just to get to 25. They'll need another 7 on top of that to get to 32.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Dream Finish

Post by jimmy12 »

StevensTechU wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:They're going to have a hard time taking 25 with how few SRs they have so 32 is going to be out of the question unless they have like 15-20 players transfer out and/or enter the NFL draft.
I thought someone said they'd need at least 7 players to leave/transfer for that 32 to be fungible.
They need 10-12 players to leave early/transfer just to get to 25. They'll need another 7 on top of that to get to 32.
I thought that I read somewhere that the scholarship limit was extended for 82 to compensate for covid. I could be wrong as I cannot find that article.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Dream Finish

Post by jimmy12 »

jimmy12 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:They're going to have a hard time taking 25 with how few SRs they have so 32 is going to be out of the question unless they have like 15-20 players transfer out and/or enter the NFL draft.
I thought someone said they'd need at least 7 players to leave/transfer for that 32 to be fungible.
They need 10-12 players to leave early/transfer just to get to 25. They'll need another 7 on top of that to get to 32.
I thought that I read somewhere that the scholarship limit was extended for 82 to compensate for covid. I could be wrong as I cannot find that article.

found it: https://theathletic.com/news/ncaa-commi ... 2n5yuTPKP/
User avatar
greenyellow
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39213
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Dream Finish

Post by greenyellow »

It was only extended past the usual 85 for this year; teams must get back to normal levels by next season.
Image
alxtw
Freshman
Posts: 1263
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Dream Finish

Post by alxtw »

jimmy12 wrote:
jimmy12 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:They're going to have a hard time taking 25 with how few SRs they have so 32 is going to be out of the question unless they have like 15-20 players transfer out and/or enter the NFL draft.
I thought someone said they'd need at least 7 players to leave/transfer for that 32 to be fungible.
They need 10-12 players to leave early/transfer just to get to 25. They'll need another 7 on top of that to get to 32.
I thought that I read somewhere that the scholarship limit was extended for 82 to compensate for covid. I could be wrong as I cannot find that article.

found it: https://theathletic.com/news/ncaa-commi ... 2n5yuTPKP/
https://theathletic.com/news/ncaa-d-i-c ... GwQvo6YDt/

Same information as the page you posted, except for this additional detail to the limit waiver:

This waiver will allow those programs to replace up to seven departing transfers above the 25-player limit. Schools will only be allowed to replace players who enter the portal after either the end of the institution’s fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, whichever is earlier, a source told The Athletic. Schools will only be allowed to replace players who are academically eligible at their new school.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Dream Finish

Post by StevensTechU »

Could the staff be looking to make room? Report that Nic Anderson, WR commit out of Katy, TX, is taking a visit to Oklahoma where his dad played. He's a good player, but we're so stacked at receiver from last class, and again in this one, that it's definitely where you'd look if you want to make room for another signee.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Dream Finish

Post by jimmy12 »

StevensTechU wrote:Could the staff be looking to make room? Report that Nic Anderson, WR commit out of Katy, TX, is taking a visit to Oklahoma where his dad played. He's a good player, but we're so stacked at receiver from last class, and again in this one, that it's definitely where you'd look if you want to make room for another signee.
Concern that he was among the leaders of the TX movement.
jimmy12
Senior
Posts: 2823
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am

Re: Dream Finish

Post by jimmy12 »

StevensTechU wrote:Could the staff be looking to make room? Report that Nic Anderson, WR commit out of Katy, TX, is taking a visit to Oklahoma where his dad played. He's a good player, but we're so stacked at receiver from last class, and again in this one, that it's definitely where you'd look if you want to make room for another signee.

I am also hearing that the Ducks are backing off Winston (looking at UCLA) and Percy Lewis (Mississippi schools).

There will be room here and I believe these visits are showing that....

I am ok with all the above.
User avatar
StevensTechU
All Pac-12
Posts: 7116
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Re: Dream Finish

Post by StevensTechU »

Apologies for being a broken record, but Winston is a long shot to ever be a contributor at the Pac-12 level. Percy Lewis was a luxury selection, I thought, until Kingsley suddenly entered the portal. Now, I don't know who our tackles are next year, but if it's Conerly or Lewis, then definitely take Conerly.
buckmarkduck
All-American
Posts: 11004
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
Contact:

Re: Dream Finish

Post by buckmarkduck »

Witford said that we lead for both Moss and Kelly. Both would be huge gets.
alxtw
Freshman
Posts: 1263
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Dream Finish

Post by alxtw »

StevensTechU wrote:Could the staff be looking to make room? Report that Nic Anderson, WR commit out of Katy, TX, is taking a visit to Oklahoma where his dad played. He's a good player, but we're so stacked at receiver from last class, and again in this one, that it's definitely where you'd look if you want to make room for another signee.
Are they giving him the boot in order to make a spot open for darrius clemons or colemon, if they are still recruiting them?
Post Reply