Dream Finish
Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1
-
alxtw
- Freshman
- Posts: 1263
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm
Re: Dream Finish
Are we still in the mix for conerly?
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Dream Finish
alxtw wrote:Are we still in the mix for conerly?
There have been rumors that is meant to be on campus. I am not sure when, but with things at UW looking shaky, there may be an opening.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Dream Finish
I am hoping the final 3 are Moss, Conerly and Berry.
https://247sports.com/player/cyrus-moss-46056265/
https://247sports.com/player/josh-conerly-jr-46057420/
https://247sports.com/player/zeke-berry-46086774/
And if they drop a player add
Lucas- DL https://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Lucas-46097888/
https://247sports.com/player/cyrus-moss-46056265/
https://247sports.com/player/josh-conerly-jr-46057420/
https://247sports.com/player/zeke-berry-46086774/
And if they drop a player add
Lucas- DL https://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Lucas-46097888/
- Duck07
- All-American
- Posts: 17123
- Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:36 am
- Location: Parts Unknown
Re: Dream Finish
I thought someone said they'd need at least 7 players to leave/transfer for that 32 to be fungible.greenyellow wrote:They're going to have a hard time taking 25 with how few SRs they have so 32 is going to be out of the question unless they have like 15-20 players transfer out and/or enter the NFL draft.

- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Dream Finish
They need 10-12 players to leave early/transfer just to get to 25. They'll need another 7 on top of that to get to 32.Duck07 wrote:I thought someone said they'd need at least 7 players to leave/transfer for that 32 to be fungible.greenyellow wrote:They're going to have a hard time taking 25 with how few SRs they have so 32 is going to be out of the question unless they have like 15-20 players transfer out and/or enter the NFL draft.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Dream Finish
I thought that I read somewhere that the scholarship limit was extended for 82 to compensate for covid. I could be wrong as I cannot find that article.StevensTechU wrote:They need 10-12 players to leave early/transfer just to get to 25. They'll need another 7 on top of that to get to 32.Duck07 wrote:I thought someone said they'd need at least 7 players to leave/transfer for that 32 to be fungible.greenyellow wrote:They're going to have a hard time taking 25 with how few SRs they have so 32 is going to be out of the question unless they have like 15-20 players transfer out and/or enter the NFL draft.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Dream Finish
jimmy12 wrote:I thought that I read somewhere that the scholarship limit was extended for 82 to compensate for covid. I could be wrong as I cannot find that article.StevensTechU wrote:They need 10-12 players to leave early/transfer just to get to 25. They'll need another 7 on top of that to get to 32.Duck07 wrote:I thought someone said they'd need at least 7 players to leave/transfer for that 32 to be fungible.greenyellow wrote:They're going to have a hard time taking 25 with how few SRs they have so 32 is going to be out of the question unless they have like 15-20 players transfer out and/or enter the NFL draft.
found it: https://theathletic.com/news/ncaa-commi ... 2n5yuTPKP/
- greenyellow
- Moderator

- Posts: 39213
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:54 pm
- Location: Eugene, OR
Re: Dream Finish
It was only extended past the usual 85 for this year; teams must get back to normal levels by next season.

-
alxtw
- Freshman
- Posts: 1263
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm
Re: Dream Finish
https://theathletic.com/news/ncaa-d-i-c ... GwQvo6YDt/jimmy12 wrote:jimmy12 wrote:I thought that I read somewhere that the scholarship limit was extended for 82 to compensate for covid. I could be wrong as I cannot find that article.StevensTechU wrote:They need 10-12 players to leave early/transfer just to get to 25. They'll need another 7 on top of that to get to 32.Duck07 wrote:I thought someone said they'd need at least 7 players to leave/transfer for that 32 to be fungible.greenyellow wrote:They're going to have a hard time taking 25 with how few SRs they have so 32 is going to be out of the question unless they have like 15-20 players transfer out and/or enter the NFL draft.
found it: https://theathletic.com/news/ncaa-commi ... 2n5yuTPKP/
Same information as the page you posted, except for this additional detail to the limit waiver:
This waiver will allow those programs to replace up to seven departing transfers above the 25-player limit. Schools will only be allowed to replace players who enter the portal after either the end of the institution’s fall term or Dec. 15, 2021, whichever is earlier, a source told The Athletic. Schools will only be allowed to replace players who are academically eligible at their new school.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Dream Finish
Could the staff be looking to make room? Report that Nic Anderson, WR commit out of Katy, TX, is taking a visit to Oklahoma where his dad played. He's a good player, but we're so stacked at receiver from last class, and again in this one, that it's definitely where you'd look if you want to make room for another signee.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Dream Finish
Concern that he was among the leaders of the TX movement.StevensTechU wrote:Could the staff be looking to make room? Report that Nic Anderson, WR commit out of Katy, TX, is taking a visit to Oklahoma where his dad played. He's a good player, but we're so stacked at receiver from last class, and again in this one, that it's definitely where you'd look if you want to make room for another signee.
-
jimmy12
- Senior
- Posts: 2823
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:38 am
Re: Dream Finish
StevensTechU wrote:Could the staff be looking to make room? Report that Nic Anderson, WR commit out of Katy, TX, is taking a visit to Oklahoma where his dad played. He's a good player, but we're so stacked at receiver from last class, and again in this one, that it's definitely where you'd look if you want to make room for another signee.
I am also hearing that the Ducks are backing off Winston (looking at UCLA) and Percy Lewis (Mississippi schools).
There will be room here and I believe these visits are showing that....
I am ok with all the above.
- StevensTechU
- All Pac-12
- Posts: 7116
- Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 am
- Location: Hoboken, NJ
Re: Dream Finish
Apologies for being a broken record, but Winston is a long shot to ever be a contributor at the Pac-12 level. Percy Lewis was a luxury selection, I thought, until Kingsley suddenly entered the portal. Now, I don't know who our tackles are next year, but if it's Conerly or Lewis, then definitely take Conerly.
-
buckmarkduck
- All-American
- Posts: 11004
- Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 am
- Contact:
Re: Dream Finish
Witford said that we lead for both Moss and Kelly. Both would be huge gets.
-
alxtw
- Freshman
- Posts: 1263
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:46 pm
Re: Dream Finish
Are they giving him the boot in order to make a spot open for darrius clemons or colemon, if they are still recruiting them?StevensTechU wrote:Could the staff be looking to make room? Report that Nic Anderson, WR commit out of Katy, TX, is taking a visit to Oklahoma where his dad played. He's a good player, but we're so stacked at receiver from last class, and again in this one, that it's definitely where you'd look if you want to make room for another signee.